Sunday, November 13, 2011

Friends in all the right places




I have a very artistic, fun loving GRIT friend.  GRIT  stands for "Girl raised in the south".  Karen is from Arkansas and we met while we working in Barrow, Alaska.  A long way from Akansas and E. Texas!  Karen admired some of my quilts and laughed that my sewing machine stayed at the head of the table at all times but she really wanted to learn how to quilt.  What I found out about Karen is that: 1) she doesn't have to have a pattern she just wings it, 2) she can live with small imperfections and not rip them out and 3) she gets the award for the ugliest quilt ever.   However, the ugly quilt award is another story.  Here are some pictures of Karen's creations, most created without any pattern except the idea in her head!

2 comments:

  1. Love the quilts. That is awesome that she can see the pattern in her mind and then go from there. I bet that has made for some interesting quilts though. Love the colors that she has used.
    If I ever had more time on my hands, I would love to learn to quilt or knit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that takes some talent! My daughter is creative like that with beading. She doesn't follow pre-made patterns, she just makes masterpieces. No idea where she got that gene :)

    ReplyDelete